On this day nine years ago the world changed quickly and dramatically as did the skyline of New York City. I recall all too well where I was and what I was doing on September 11th of 2001. I had to run to the house for something before I went back to the shop. The radio was reporting a plane accidentally hit the one tower and the tower was on fire. I turned on the tv and a minute later I saw the second plane hit the other tower. I was horrified to see the plane aim right at the building and hit it and then burst into flames. The worst part was knowing one of my friends worked on one of the floors where the first plane hit. I believe God was merciful to him and most of those who were killed when it hit. They didn't suffer as many others would. It didn't take long for things to become apparent to us as to what was happening. When the Pentagon was hit and flight 93 went down, we knew we had been attacked by terrorists who were bent on killing as many as they could. Many people's lives were changed that day. It wasn't only those who died but even more so those loved ones left behind. My friend's wife and kids lost their husband and father. Yes the world has changed and I do not believe it was for the better. Many have died since that day defending our nation in its battle with the terrorists.
I understand why people hate the Muslims. I do not trust them but I know something else that I need to understand. God has called all believers to love the Muslims as well as the rest of the world. I do not believe the mosque should be built near Ground Zero but that does not mean I hate them. I am sure we would not allow a Japanese memorial to be built at Pearl Harbor so why would we allow a mosque is insanity. I know that God has called us to preach the Gospel to all the world and to share His Son with them. We need to understand that our emotions cannot be left to rule us because they will not lead to anything but destruction. We need to follow God's commands and love them as He does. They are lost and dying for a god that does not exist. We serve a mighty God who sent His Son to die for us so we would not perish but have eternal life. Burning the Koran will not stop the Muslims but only the power of the Holy Spirit bringing conviction can. I look forward to the day that Jesus will rule and reign on Earth and there will be peace on Earth. But until that day let us keep on reaching the lost for Jesus Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment