I was discussing some old TV ads with some friends. We were seeing who could remember what commercials. I recalled some and they told me I was dating myself. I said I had to because no one else would. One commercial; in particular I recalled was an anti-smoking one from years ago. A father was washing the car and his son was attempting to help wash the car. They showed the boy doing everything the father did. At the end of the commercial, the father picked up a pack of cigarettes and lit one up. He set the pack down and his son picked up the pack looking at it. The point of the ad was to make people aware that the son would think about smoking just because his dad did. The problem is that it isn't just smoking that the next generation imitates but many other things as well.
Our church has started a small group program called Discipleship Dare. We talked about becoming disciples and what it means to be a disciple. We have been called to become like Christ and to live a life that reflects Jesus to the world. We are a living epistle to those around us. Our actions speak so much louder than what we say. The world is watching us and see how we respond to circumstances and problems that we go through. We need to reach the world for Jesus Christ and if our light does not shine brightly in the dark world, we will fail in accomplishing the task for which God has called us. We need to draw closer to Him and allow our faith to grow deeper. We are challenged every day to be the disciples He desires us to be. It is an ongoing process and not a once a done event. We are all still sinners but hopefully sinners saved by grace. We will never be perfect until the day we stand in His presence in eternity. But until then lets make every effort to live godly and holy lives that the world will know that we are His!
No comments:
Post a Comment