A couple of days ago I went outside after I had gotten up to see if I had put the cover on the grill because I wasn't sure if I did or not. I opened the door and stepped outside to a surprise. When I exhaled, I saw my breathe. It wasn't real noticeable but I could see it. I realized that it was chilly outside for the first time in quite a while. It began to register that I was getting cold standing there. I checked the grill and I had put on the cover. I decided to go back inside and warm up a little bit. I wasn't cold like you get in the winter but there was definitely a chill in the air. I thought about telling my wife about the temperature but I knew what she would say. "I don't want to see fall come! That means winter is on the way!" Heidie is definitely a summer person where I on the other hand am a spring or fall person. I like winter but it could be cold and snowy for Christmas then go back to spring. Heidie realized it was chilly anyway after hearing the morning forecast so it wasn't a secret too long.
The chill in the air reminded us that summer was drawing to a close and that fall was on the way. And after fall comes winter every year! There is nothing we as humans can do to stop that! Each year is the same. There is a seasonal cycle we go through and it never ends for us until we leave this earth. I firmly believe that the Earth's time is slowly ticking down. Not because of global warming or anything like that but because God has promised to come back to this planet one day and set things right! He will restore the Earth to the way it was intended to be when He created it. All one has to do is to read the headlines or watch tv to see that what the Bible has predicted is coming to pass. Israel is once again a nation and the world hates it. Things are lining up according the prophecies given thousands of years ago. Just as the fall signals the end of the summer( Sorry Hun!), the events of our days are signaling that time is almost over and the end times are here, The only question we need to ask ourselves is whether or not we are ready for Christ's return. I trust that you have made Christ your Lord and Savior and are eagerly awaiting His return. Don't be caught unprepared for the change coming to this planet!
No comments:
Post a Comment