Friday, December 16, 2011

It's About God


I decided to join a gym to help lose some weight this past week. I have started to go in the morning before work to insure I get there. This morning I went and did my workout then was ready to leave. On the way out a lady stopped me and commented on my T shirt. The T-shirt was the one we had made up for Courtney Geeseman after his passing. On the front it reads "It's About God". She asked me what the shirt meant. I shared with her about Courtney and his life and the tragic passing of this wonderful young man. She was touched by what I shared with her. She made the comment that some people do not make an impact in life like Courtney did while he was here. I began to think about that on the way home.

People come and go from this life every day. Many live lives that never accomplish anything great or important during their lives. They exist but never truly live while they are here. They settle for medocrity and things that have no real eternal value. They miss out on the great things that God has planned for them here on earth. God doesn't want want us just to exist but to live and live that life abundantly. Of course at this time of year I remember the movie "It's a Wonderful Life". George Bailey thought his life meant nothing but never realized how much he impacted and touched the lives of those around him. It would have been sad if when he went through his non existent life that he would have found he really didn't make any impact at all. We need to do those things that will have an eternal impact on us and others. Can you imagine Jesus living a life that never impacted anyone? Guess who our role model is? That's right! If he did it, we need to do it as well. We should live our lives in such a manner that eveything we do reflects Him and His love. If we place God first in our lives and make everything we do about Him. we will see God doing some incredible things in and through us.

Courtney lived his life to please God in everything he did. When he stands before his Lord and Savior I am confident that he will hear the words we all long to hear "Well done good and faithful servant!". So I guess the question we need to ask ourselves is whether of not we will hear those precious words when it is our time to stand before Him. I hope that should I leave this earth before Christ returns that there will be those who will say of my life "It was about God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment