Thursday, November 3, 2011

Let's All hate Tim Tebow! It's Okay ! NOT!


I have seen some NFL players come into the league and had people that just did not like them for various reasons. Some because the players had big egos and small talent. They never stayed long. Others were disliked because of the teams they were going to play for. Still others because of baggage they brought with them from college. I have never seen anyone hated as I have seen Tim Tebow. From the moment he finished up at Florida he started to get attacked. The attacks come from the media as well as fans. The only reason for this hatred is because he not only believes in God but he chooses to live out his faith.

Even in college people hated him becuase he took a stand for Christ and refused to be intimidated by those who hate him. He never wavered because of football. His faith was the same whether his team won or lost. His prespective is that football is just a game and does not have any lasting eternal value. I know of others that have compromised their faith for the game. Here we have a young man who has chosen to honor God with his life and he is absolutely viscerated becuase of it. No other players are made fun of when they score and genueflex and point up to heaven. The sad things is that if he was like the Steeler's quarterback he would probably be seen as a good guy. I am reminded that Christ told us that those who are faithful will be mocked and persecuted for His sake. We are also told that one day that which was good will be seen as evil and the evil seen as good. Anyone see the pattern? We are living in a world that is turning its back on God and his righteousness and holiness and opting for the things the world offers. Let see! Live eternally and have blessings from God or death and damnation for eternity! Thankfully there are those like Tim Tebow who have committed to follow Christ no matter what the world says or does. He knows his heavenly Father and one day will receive the victor's crown of life while those who hate him will pass into eternity apart from God. Funny thing is that I know without hesutation that Tim Tebow is praying for those same people that they would come to the same knowledge he has that Christ loves them and died for them.

So my thoughts go out to Tim Tebow and I thank him for his love for God and his unwavering faith in his Savior. Tim, don't ever let the enemy ever steal your faith or joy. Remember Christ was persecuted and the grave couldn't hold Him! He is alive as you will be forever. Football will end but you will live on for all eternity! Just one last thought! I wonder if these same haters of Tebow thought the same about the Minister of Defense Reggie White? Tim Tebow! You are in good company brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment