
In college one year for the Spring Formal we had a couple of professors do a list of things called "That will Be the Day". They came up with a list of things that they thought would never happen. Well I have one they should had have on their list back then even though the thought of this would have been so far fetched. As I was watching the news I saw that Congress passed a ban on congressmen from saying Merry Christmas! Congress has passed a lot of laws that they make sure sure they are not bouind by. And now the congress has passed a ban from their members from saying Merry Christmas because of political correctness. They do not want to OFFEND anyone. Political correctness is taking away our freedoms a little at a time. Schools have already taken Chritmas out and now call the break Winter Solistice and other goofy things. Now we are told it isn't PC to say merry Christmas!
I guess I should not have been surprised by this ban passed by Congress. Our religious freedoms are being eroded and undermined from all sides. This nation was founded on godly and biblical principles by our founding forefathers. They would be appalled by what is happening today. How do I know this to be true? Go sometime to Washington DC and visit the buildings and memorials. Look how many references to the Bible and to God. You will find in their writings many sayings that reflect their beliefs. If you were to visit the Supreme Court you would find the very things on the wall behind the judges that have been banned from schools and other public arenas. The 10 Commandments are written in the wall for all to see. Except that a curtain covers them to hide them. I think the sad thing is that we are losing our heritage faster now then before. God has blessed this nation because of our heritage but as we depart from that heritage and begin to allow those things once seen as sin to become acceptable we face God's judgment and not His blessing. Oh that we as a nation would bend our knees before Him and confess our sins and failures! After all, that's why we celebrate Christmas! God sent His Son to the earth to live like and with us then pay the penalty for our sin. The fact is Christ is coming back to this earth to rule and reign one day and there will be no more political correctness then.
I love Christmas and everything that it stands for. It is because of Jesus' love for us that we can celebrate this season. No matter what people tell me I will continue to say Merry Christmas to those I meet or talk to on the phone. I do not believe in being politically correct but I want to be spiritually correct and be more concerned with what God thinks of me than what some liberals do. So to all those in Congress and the Senate Merry Christmas! Who knows? Maybe this Christmas we might be saying that to Jesus Himself! You never know! So let's all say Merry Christmas and forget the Bah Humbugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment