
Today I was to go to Washington DC with my wife and go on a sedegeway tour of the different memorials but due to the high heat we had to reschedule the tour to another time when it is cooler. That was the plan until the country got into this huge heat wave. We then planned to run a few places then go to a picnic. Well those plans ended up changing as Captial City Church had several AC issues. I went and spent the day looking at several AC units and doing some repair. I was able to get all but one running for tomorrow's services. The plans I had were changed but they were changed because God had His plans for me today.
Anyone who has ever made some plans knows what I am talking about. Often we make these grand plans and lay out a schedule for our lives but there is only one problem. We often forget to check in with God and see what He has planned for us. Many have experienced the way God intervenes in our lives and alters the life plan we had for ourselves. He takes us down roads and paths we never would have imagined traveling. We think we know what we will do for the rest of our lives only to see God put up a roadblock then send us down another road. If you are like me, I do not like change. I sometimes battle when change comes in my life. I suppose it is because we get comfy in our routines. But we fail to see God's plan and the blessings that follow when we allow Him to lead. We cannot see the future but only that which God reveals to us. We can't see around the bend but He can. If were are smart then we would give Him full control of our lives and let Him lead us. Let His plans be the ones we follow and we will accomplish everything He plans for us while we are here on this planet.
Had we not had a heatwave that caused us to reschedule our trip, I would not have been able to be home to get the call to help with the AC units at the church. God was not unaware of the problems but He also knew how to deal with them. He changed my plans so I could be used to accomplish His! So instead of going through DC in the heat I spent the day in high temps in an attic! Go figure!
No comments:
Post a Comment