
Yesterday I was waiting for my lunch when I saw a HVAC contractor come into the store and I saw something on his company's patch that caught my eye. Under the logo it said something like It's our soil. The oil is in the soil. What they mean is that we here in the United States have a huge oil reserve that dwarfs the Middleeast. The problem is that we have a government that will not allow us to drill our own oil. They would rather we be so dependent on foreign oil and pay more for oil. We could be energy independent if we started to drill and refine our own oil. We could be so better off financially if we stopped depending on other nations for our oil.
I mulled over what I had seen on the company patch. I thought about how we as a nation are missing on out on a way to lower our debt becuase we don't drill our own oil. I thought about how people miss out on the blessings that God has for them because they don't know they are there or know they are acessible but don't take possession of them. God offers us as His creation so many blessings. First we need to know Him if we want the blessings. If we do not know Him, we would never know that He wants to bless us with all kinds of blessings. Secondly, His blessings come as a result of obedience to Him. Just as a child who wants his or her parents' blessings knows that if they disobey they will not see blessings but punishment, we realize that neither do we if we disobey God. many today claim to be Christians yet will not give up their will for God's. They want to keep control of their lives and do as they please. That comes with a consequence. What is the consquence for our disobedience? The Bible states clearly it is death. Yet God provided the greatest blessing in His Son Jesus Christ who took our place so we wouldn't have to face eternal separation from God. The gift, or blessing , is there for us to just reach out and receive it from Him. Like the oil in our ground, it doesn't do any good knowing it is there if we don't drill and collect it. Oh that we would choose to see and accept God's blessings!
I get frustrated when I tell people we ought to start drilling our own oil and stop being dependent on the whims of other nations as to what we are paying for oil. But what really drives me nuts is when people refuse to accept the gift of life that God offers them. It breaks God heart for when people reject Him amd decide to go into eternity without Christ when there is plenty of "oil" available to them!
No comments:
Post a Comment