This past weekend Heidie and I made one of our regular trips to Lancaster County to get a couple of things for the house. For those who may not know, LAncaster County is where a lot of the Amish or the Plain folk live and work. Many Amish are running businesses since farming is no longer financially secure for them. They make some nice furniture, crafts and food goodies of all kinds now to earn money to augment the farming. We have been to this one store so often that when we come in they smile and welcome us back. But with us, they call us by name because they know who we are. That could be either good or bad. Good because they know us or bad because we spend a lot of time and money there! When they call us by name, we feel good and we know that we have a connection with them.
There is someone else who I love to know the fact that He knows us by name. That person who knows just not our name but knows us intimately is God. Why would God know us by name when we are just another insignificant human being on a planet with over 6 Billion people on it? After all, what makes us so special? Would you like to know the answer? It is very simple! God created us and made us in His image. We weren't spoke into existence but formed then life was breathed into us by God Himself. He has created us because He loved us and loved us so much that He gave Jesus to die for us. He gives us everything we need to live from the food we eat to the air we breathe. But He goes beyond the physical needs and gives us the spiritual needs as well. There is never a day that goes by that God does not know what we need. He longs for us to have a relationship with Him. He desires to give us eternal life and bless abundantly with all sorts of heavenly blessings. He does that because he knows not just our name but everything about us. I love how God calls us by name even though we do not deserve His mercy or grace but He gives them to us anyway. What an awesome thought!
I love the feeling when I meet someone I haven't seen for a long time yet when they see me, they call me by name because they know who I am. I am looking forward to the day when I hear God call my name one more time and then I will go to be with Him for all eternity. As the Apostle John said Come quickly Lord! I want to hear my name called!
No comments:
Post a Comment