Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Wedding Invitation

On April 29th of 2011 there was an event that took place that the world was exicted about! That's right! I turned 53! Oops! Never mind! The world could care less that I celebrated another birthday. The world seemed to be excited about the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate. Many got up early to watch the wedding and see them tie the knot. There were many who were invited to the wedding while millions of others were not! I know I didn't get my invitation. But neither did President Obama so I don't feel so bad! But there have been other weddings that I wasn't invited to so no big deal. But I know one wedding I do not want to miss and everyone is invited to attend.

There is a day coming where God will tell His Son to go and get His bride. When He comes, He will take His bride to go be with Him for eternity. So just who is His bride? It is the church. But when I say the church, I do not mean buildings but the people who attand those churches. The problem we have is this. Not everyone who attends a church will be a part of the true church. The church is actually made up of people who believe that Jesus came to this earth as a baby, lived as a man, died on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead in victory over death. They live for Jesus and are watching for His return. The Bible talks about the wedding feast that those who are with Him will enjoy. You talk about a Royal Wedding! This is true royalty! After all, we are sons and daughters of the King. He has given us everything we could possibly ever want and invites us to be with Him for all time. What an awesome thought! God loves us so much that He gave us His own Son to die so we might attend the wedding feast of all time. The only inviatation nessary is for us to have Jesus as our Lord and Savior. Not only that, we also don't have to worry about what to wear to the wedding! He will give us the garments to wear! They will be spotless with spot or wrinkle! Never needs ironed or washed!

I may not have been to Diana and Charles or William and Kate's weddings but I will be waiting for my invitation to go to Jesus' wedding! Are you excited about that wedding or are you one of those who may get left out? It will never be too late to have your invitation until Jesus comes back and takes His Bride home. Don't miss out but ask Him to be Lord and Savior! Remember that He wants everyone to be in attendance!

No comments:

Post a Comment