Today my wife Heidie starts a new job with a different company. She had been at her old job for 10 years. She felt she needed to have a change because of the situation at her old job. She liked the people but the job environment kept getting worse. She did not let her frustration keep her from doing her job and doing it well. She now is doing what she loves to do once again. But the enemy Satan started putting the "what if" and "maybe I should have" thoughts in her mind and heart. I reminded her that God is still the one on the throne and He has everything under control.
There are many times in our lives that we face changes and uncertain futures. Heidie told me that she doesn't like change. I totally agree. I do not like change myself. I have seen many changes over my lifetime. As we all know if we have been around for a while, some changes are good and others are bad. Some can be painful while others are enjoyable to experince such as getting married or having a child. Well having a child can be both a joy and a painful experince! When a family experiences the birth of a baby, the home gets turned upside down because of the child but noone ever complains. The child makes all the activity worth it. There are other times where a person might get sick that changes not only their lives but the lives of those around them as well. I think of my mother when she was diagnosed with MS. That radically changed our family and what we would face as a family. Many know the pain of Alzheimer and how it affects not just the person but all family members. Today many have felt the pain of being laid off as a result of the economy. It can be difficult to find work in some areas. Some folks have given up while others are still trying to gain employment. Whatever the situation you face, never forget that God is not caught unaware of your situation but knows His plans for you and that He loves you dearly. Hold on to the faith that He has given you because He still rules and reigns from Heaven. We can't see down the road but He can and He will see you through. He promises in His Word that "all things work together for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose". He can use every change in our lives for His glory and our betterment.
Heidie is experiencing a change but God has prepared her for the change and will bless her as she stays faithful to Him. I was asked once if I could go back and change what my family went through because of the pain it caused. I responded "Absolutely not!" Why? Because God used it to make me who and what I am today. If I wouldn't have had to face those changes, I cannot be sure if I would even be a beleiver today yet alone have spent years ministering to kids! How about you? What changes have you or are facing today? The only person who does not change is God! He is the same Yesterday, today and forver! Let Him mold you into His Son's image!
we love you Heidie! you will do great!
ReplyDelete