I am one of those guys who love to watch a good war movie now and then especially if nothing else good is on (football, nascar, fishing shows, etc...). I probably have seen most war movies but every so often I see one I didn't. In this case I had actually seen the movie numerous times. The movie was The Bridge Over the River Kwai. In case you have been deprived of seeing it, the story is about a prison camp in the far east where the British POWS actually build the Japanese a sound railroad bridge. A team of commandos are sent in to blow it up to prevent the enemy from advancing further. The British commander tries to stop them but ends up realizing what he has done an blows it up himself. What I never realized all the times I had watched the movie was that it was a true story. There was actually a bridge and it was blown up after it was completed. I wonder how many others didn't know it was a true story.
I was reading my Bible the following morning and my thoughts went back to my learning the bridge was a real bridge and it was destroyed after its completion. I felt the Holy Spirit was asking me how many people are in the dark about His Word as I was about the bridge. Some folks see the Bible as a good story with adventure and action and all the different things in it that makes a story good. The problem is that the Bible is not just a story. It is an account of the creation of the world, the fal of man, God's coming to this world as a man and the revelation of what will happen in the near future during the endtimes. God reveals Himself throughout the Scriptures so we might know Him personally. He tells us what He wants for us and how we can enter into eternity and spend it with Him. Its not just a story! It is a manual for life so we can make it through this life and go to be with Him forever. He created us to be in communion with Him but that was broken because of sin. The story, if it would have ended there, would see all of us in Hell. But thankfully He knew man would mess it up so before the world was even formed He had a plan for Salvation in the works. He would send Jesus to die for our sins and He would rise from the dead to give us life and hope. The Holy Spirit is the person who applies it to us when we believe in Christ. I do not understand it, but there are those who reject the gift of salvation and perish in their sin. The worse part is that they will spend eternity knowing they had the opportunity but refused to take it.
I hope that you are one of those who know that the Story is real. No names were changed to protect the innocent because no one is innocent but the Lamb of God Jesus Christ! When you know the truth, the truth will set you free! You think a bridge blowing up was great ending! Wait till you see how God finishes up His Story!
No comments:
Post a Comment