Thursday, February 2, 2012

What's the Big Deal About the Groundhog


Today the big news was about a rodent named Phil or any other number of names people give them all over. Everyone wants to know only one thing. Did he or didn't he? You know? See his shadow. It is amazing to see how many people watch just to find out. This day holds for me other more important memories than if a ground hog sees his shadow or not. Today is also my father's birthday.Had he not died in 1975 he would be celebrating another birthday. But that isn't even important for me because something far surpassed that event. On Feburary 2 1969 my mother went to a faith healing service in a wheelchair and walked home on her two restored legs.

I have shared that miracle with many over the years about how God met my mother at the church and gave to her what she needed. You see she had been stricken with MS when I was really young and she spent a lot of time in the hospital and some rehabs. As a family we were divided up when she got sick. My oldest brother and sister were adopted to another family because they were older. My other sister was placed in one foster home while my other brother and I went to several others before we ended up in Gettysburg. While we were there in Gettysburg something happened that was to change our lives. She went to Enola Assembly of God on February 2 1969 and was healed of her MS and was able to walk. She actually started to walk but ended up running around the church and even jumped over the altar onto the platform. She received a healing from God in a mighty way. That was a great miracle as far as I am concerned. But guess what? God is still in the healing business. After all He is the same God today that He was back then. He hasn't changed. He hasn't forgotten how to heal or how to meet our needs. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He still desires to heal today. All you need to do ask Him and then believe he can and will do it. I know that some will say that He doesn't al;ways heal and that people die from sicknesses. True enough! But those who love Him receive the ultimate healing when they go to be with Him for eternity.

So if you ask me if I believe in healing you willhear my answer be "Absolutely"! I may not understand why God does what He does but I know that He is faithful to His Word and to His character! We can place our trust in Him no matter what circumstances we may be facing. What a great God we serve! In case you missed it, the groundhog did indeed see his shadow so its another 6 weeks of winter! Check the calendar and you will see the first day of spring comes in 6 weeks! What a wise groundhog!

No comments:

Post a Comment