
I have been going to the gym and working out since the middle of December and I have lost about 30 pounds. I run for about 30 minutes then work out on weights afterwards. I have toned up and strengthened my muscles since I have been going. I feel much better and I hope to find out if this is helping my blood pressure and maybe even my triglycerides level. As I was working out today I began to think about my spiritual health. The problem today is that so many are concerned about their physical condition and are trying to get healthy. They are changing their diets and what they doing. But many forget about their spiritual condition.
As the day approaches when Christ will return, it is important that people are ready for His coming. The sad fact is that most people aren't ready and even sadder is that they have no clue that they are in a serious spiritual condition. People are perishing spiritually all around us because they don't know. Then there are those who may be aware but don't care or think they have plenty of time to make things right with God before they die. They are not given any guarantee that they will have an opportunity to do so. No one knows what the future holds for them. God tells us that today is the day of Salvation. As believers,it is our responsibility to tell others about Christ and show them God's love for them. We need to show them the way to meet Christ. Much like the trainer's job in a gym is to show someone how to use the equipment available to them and how to exercise properly, we need to instruct those who are lost how to get right with God. Physically we are concerned about getting rid of fat and excess weight while spiritually the issue is sin. We carry it around from the time we are born till the day we die unless we deal with it through the blood of Christ. God is concerned about our physical bodies that is true but He is more concerned with our souls. We can leave this earth with bodies that are out of shape and maybe even broken and deformed. We know that God will bring the restoration to them. What we can't do is die in our sin and expect to enter into His presence for eternity. We have to be right with Him to enjoy that glory.
I hope that I will continue to lose some weight and even get more fit. Having a body that is in good shape is great but more importantly I want to keep myself spiritually fit but keeping my heart right with Him and to be obedient to His will for my life. How about you? How fit are you? Which id more important to you? Why not try being healthy both spiritually and Physically?
No comments:
Post a Comment