I have done the first two parts of life's journey earlier so I thought I should finish up with the last part. The third part is starting out in life good and finishing out good. This is the most difficult for most people. I would love to think that I started out good and will finish good but I know that I too have struggled with issues in my own life that would make it impossible to say I have. King David comes to mind when I think of someone that fits this category.
David was a young man that knew what it meant to serve God. Why? His father instilled in him the knowledge of God and David lived it out. Although just a young man, most likely not even a teenager yet, he served God and was faithful in his ways. He took that faith and out it into action when he took on Goliath. It was his faith that lead to his victory over the enemy. He was constantly leaning on God to overcome every adversity in his life. All except one that is. His affair with Bathsheba led to all sorts of problems in his life and his family. He failed God and himself. But what set him apart from Saul was that he recognized his sin and asked God for forgiveness. God did forgive him when David repented. How do we know that? Simple. God called David a man after His own heart. He was called this not before but after he had committed adultery and murder. Imagine! He sinned this badly yet God forgave him and rstored him to a close relationship to him. David was not perfect but was man enough to acknowledge his failures. David died living for God's pleasure. His life was centered on God and when he lost sight of that, he came to back to where he got off track. He started out good and finished his life the same way.
So my question for us is how do see ourselves when it comes to this? Did we start out good but more importantly are we finishing good? God has a purpose and a plan for each of us and desires that we do well. He has so many blessings for those who are obedient. Let's not miss out on the heavenly blessings because we fail to finish strong!
No comments:
Post a Comment