Thursday, March 3, 2011

What Does Your Life Say?

I was listening to the radio yesterday while on the way to the college course I am taking. I heard that the Supreme Court overturned the civil case against the Westboro Baptist Church citing that they were entitled to free speech and that in the eyes of the court protesting at military funerals was considered free speech. The problem I have with that church is they claim God hates homosexuals and that the reason military folks are dying is because God is punishing the country for its acceptance of homosexuality. I believe they are way off base with their theology. God does not hate homosexuals but their sins. He hates their sins as much as He hates every other sin committed. God does not punish some one for another person's sin. We all must face our own punishment if we do not ask God for forgiveness and live our life according to His will and plan.

As much as it bothers me how those folks spew hatred and judge other people, this blog is not about them but it is about me and how I live my life. At church last night we had a great Holy Ghost party around the altar. We spent the entire service praising God and seeking His face and His presence. God was calling us to come before Him and lay aide those things in our lives that keep us from being sold out to Him. I went up to the altar and began to ask God to help me become more like His Son and live a more holy life. I felt God asking me if my life was measuring up to His standards or were there things in my life that He needed to remove. My thoughts went to my reaction about Westboro. I was judging them for how they hurt the cause of Christ by their actions. God asked me if my actions do the same. It is very easy to see other's faults yet miss seeing your own. Matthew 7 talks about seeing the speck in our brother's eye but do not see the log in ours. I was convicted to remember that God will judge people and His judgement will be fair and just. I am not the Lawgiver or the Judge. That position is held by noone other than Jesus Christ. He will pass judgment when we stand before Him. He simply asks me to be obedient to what He desires and go where He wants me to go. I must make sure I do not allow my eyes to be blinded by specks, or worse yet, logs. If I get logs out of my own eyes (by His grace), then He will use me to change lives.

I left the service with a renewed desire to please Him and be a better example of Christ in a lost and dying world. I want what I say to match up to what I profess and talk with my words. Let me ask you. What does your life say to those around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment