The other day I was at the local convenience store getting something for dinner. I was getting some chicken for dinner since my wife was at a woman's conference and I had to fend for myself that night. I went and placed my order and was waiting for the chicken to get cooked. While I was waiting, I noticed a man who had bought some lottery tickets and was scratching them off to see if he had won anything. He saw he didn't win so he bought a couple of more tickets. Once again he scratched those tickets only to find he had no winners. He thought for a minute or so then decided to get a couple of more. He had no more luck with those than the previous tickets. He looked in his wallet but found he had nothing left to purchase any more tickets. The clerk said she couldn't believe he didn't win at least something. I shook my head because I have seen the same scenario time and time again when people played the lottery looking to win big only to find they lost and wasted what they did have.
Unfortunately, people have been doing the same thing with their spiritual existence. All of us have a spiritual existence that we must address because we have been created by God as spiritual beings. The fact is we must all make a decision as to what we do with our spirit in regards to Christ.The problem is that many keep looking to the wrong places and things to fulfill their spiritual needs. They look to the things of the world thinking that will give them what they need and desire. The problem is they never win by doing that. Like the man I watched buying those lottery tickets, they lose. They hope and expect to win but always come up short. I had an uncle who I was told won over $45,000.00 playing the lottery. That would have been great but he played over $60,000 to win the $45,000! That is not my definition of winning but losing. Sadly many people will end up losing what they have spiritually because they are going after the wrong things instead of going after what God has to offer them. We may not be rich here on Earth but those riches are temporary anyway so why should we want them? Why not seek those riches that God has for us that no one can take from us and will never fade? Let me encourage you to seek first God's kingdom and His righteousness and "all these things" will be added to you! Wow! With God you never lose but with the world you will never win! By allowing Christ to be our Lord and Savior we will always be winners!
I am reminded of the casinos that have walls of winners but seem to forget about all those who lose to make winners possible! Playing the lottery may have a few winners but only thanks to all the losers who play! Be smart and invest your money wisely!
No comments:
Post a Comment