Saturday, February 2, 2013

Life Without Daddy Can Still Be Great

Today is February 2nd and once again people want to talk about a rodent named Phil and what he has to say about this winter. I wnoder what the "big rat" would say if he could talk? Maybe "Let me alone and let me get back to my sleeping"! For me this day holds memories which go far beyond a groundhog. As you remember from a previous blog, my mother was healed of MS on this day in 1969 and it was my father's my birthday. I never celebrate his birthday because he left when I was 2. I grew up without a father and some days I still think about that part of my life. Unfortunately, I am not the only kid who has experienced that in his or her life. But because I had my heavenly Father I made it through the trials and problems of life and have grown up.

I remember reading last year that the government did a study on the effects of children who grew up without a father present in their lives. (This was a survey that I must have been missed by those doing it!) They studied numerous people who had a single mother raising them to see what effect it had on their upbringing. They spent a lot of money and came to a startling conclusion. A child that grows up without their dad have all types of issues they deal with. They concluded that a father has a major impact on the life of a child! Wow! They spent millions of dollars to figure that out! I could have told them that for free! So could everyone else that grew up without a father present in their home. But I must admit that I have not turned like a lot of people did who grew up without a father. You see my mother knew God and raised me to understand a very important truth. Even though I did did not have an earthly father to raise me, I did have a heavenly Father that was there for me and loved me unconditionally and had a plan for my life. He was never absent but was there every step of the way for me. His acceptance of me was not based on if I could do certain things well like sports but He loves me as I am. yet like any good father does, God desires that I become more like Him. I am reminded of the commercial where the boy is washing the car like his dad then picks up a cigarette because his dad did. When I follow God's example, it is all good! So as I look back on my life I can clearly see my heavenly Father's hand leading me because He has been there for me. His Word says that He would never leave me nor forsake me. He is true to His Word and will always be true! Some fathers tell make promises to their kids and break them. But God never breaks His promises! What a great heavenly Father we serve!

Did you grow up without a father and have problems because of it? I can promise you that you too have a heavenly Father that loves you with an everlasting love. It is never too late to turn to Him and let Him direct your life's path. I assure you that He will be there and turn your life around and make something great out of your life! He has done a great job in my life and look what He had to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment