Monday, August 1, 2011

Getting Reconnected


Yesterday our pastor spoke on the topic of being connected and talked about getting face to face with God and other people. He discussed the program of Facebook and how millions of people are now a part of Facebook all over the world. Many people are now using this forum to interact with others rather than doing it one on one in person. Many folks have become addicted to Facebook and seem to live on it. I don't spend much time on it so I get this message from Facebook every once and a while that they notice I have not been connected lately. I was thinking how many others have not been been connected with God but so tied up and preoccupied with so many other things.

The sad part is that it isn't only the unbeleivers that are not spending time to connect with God. Many beleivers are spending their time doing other things than taking time to spend some alone time with God each day. We get so busy doing things for God we forget about God. I have been guilty of that from time to time with my schedule. It is not that what I am doing is wrong or unimportant. On the contrary! Sometimes ministry gets so hetic but we are doing ministry and we fail to take the time to be alone with the Father. We need to remember that nothing is as important to us as spending some quality time with God so He can speak into our lives. We lose our spiritual edge and strength when we fail to have this time with Him because we then depend on our own strength and not His only. Most times we are blinded to that fact. The enemy loves to see our devotional life quietly disappear. The enemy doesn't try to turn us around in one quick attack. He turns us slowly from where God wants us to go. It is much like the proverbial frog in the boiling water. You stick a frog in water that is already boiling he will jump out quickly because he knows it isn't good to be in that water. Oh but put him in cold water and slowly start to bring it to a boil and before he knows what is happening he has been boiled to death. Satan loves to get us just a little at a time then goes in for the kill. The only way to prevent that is top stay strong in the Lord and that happens by abiding in Him!

Facebook keeps a track of how often someone gets on and will often do as they do with me and send me a message to reconnect on the forum. God wants us to reconnect with Him not just once and a while like I do on Facebook but every day. Besides, there have been days I have been blessed beyond measure because I have even though my schedule was full. God is waiting for each of us to reconnect Him. How long has it been since you have reconnected with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment