We all face times when we struggle with our faith and our emotions. When those times come, we often begin to question our lives and whether or not we are making a difference in this world. Pastors are are not immuned to those feelings because we are human as well. I often questioned whether or not I was making a difference in the lives of the children Heidie and I ministered to over the years. But just like God He was there giving me an assurance that yes what we did and are doing makes a difference.
Yesterday we were invited to a get together for young lady named Whitney who was leaving to do an intership with a church plant. Her cousins, the Brookers, were there except for Daniel. I counted it an honor to share this time with her and her dad and stepmom. We sat around and ate some good food and had some great fellowship with each other. Karen and Paul Hollis were also there. Their sons were also under our ministry. We shared stories and memories about those years. We talked about kids church and some fond memories we all had. I told them I had seen Eric, another young man from kids church, on facebook and saw he had gotten married. I sent him a congratulatory message on his wedding. He sent back a message I will cherish forever. He shared how blessed he and his sister were to have usd a children's pastors. He said he learned what it meant to love people because of our love for all the kids. He appreciated everything we did for them. As I shared this with Jonathan, he began to share the same feelings. What he didn't know was that I was feeling down somewhat because I have been waiting on God to show me the path He has for us to take. It gets you down when you feel like you are sitting on the sidelines and the game is winding down. You want to get in and get some playing time. When you face that feeling you tend to evaluate what you did and if it meant anything. But once again God was right on time and He sent me a gentle reminder that what we do for Him if we do it faithfully and our of love for HIm will make a differnce in someone's life if not our own. We may not be a Billy Graham or a Mark Buntain, but we sure can touch the small corner of the planet we call home.
So when you are facing a struggle or a problem and you are wodering where God is, remeber that He is neither early or late but always right on time with the answer. After all, His time keeping is absolutely perfect! Look at His watch and not your own!
No comments:
Post a Comment