
I was flipping through the TV channels earlier this week and saw a show that was asking who framed Jesus that led to His death. I thought to myself what a stupid question! But as I thought about it I felt the Spirit make me understand that not every one knows the truth about Jesus and His death and resurrection. I realized that we are called to tell those who are lost how much God loves them and how He demonstrated that love on the cross. Most people would say that the Romans crucified Jesus while others claim it was the Jews who had Him crucified by the Romans. That is true in both statements. But the deeper truth is that God in His infinite love allowed Christ to die on the cross for us.
So what is the real truth about who crucified Jesus? We did! You and I were the reason that Christ had to die on the cross if we were ever to have any hope of escaping God's wrath. There was and is nothing that could ever pay the penalty for our sin. Nothing except the shed blood of Christ that is! It was because of sin that Christ had to die and not because He had committed some crime or simply the hatred of the Jewish rulers. It was just the plan of God being carried out which was conceived before the foundation of the world. God knew Adam would fail to be obedient and sin would enter the world because of it. This sin would destroy all of mankind unless God made it possible to have a remedy. He offered up His own Son to address the problem of sin. It was His love for us that made Him accept the cost of such a sacrifice. Such Love such wondrous love that God should love a sinner such as I! What a great message! A message only God could bring!
So I ask you again. Who was it that crucified Jesus? We are all guilty for His death. But when we offer God our heart and repent of our sin He removes the guilt and shame and makes us clean. The cross really is a message of hope. Don't forget! The cross was not the end but only one step in the plan of salvation! Remember Sunday is coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment